At a Police Station

Update April 3, 2020:

During the current crisis, law enforcement agencies are taking extra precautions to keep victims safe when they go to the police station to report.  We recommend that survivors report crimes to police.  For additional support or information, please contact our 24-hour hotline.  Text or call (216) 619-6192 or (440) 423-2020, or chat online.


Support at a Police Station

If you or someone you know has experienced rape or sexual abuse and decides to make a police report at the police station, be sure to request a Support Specialist from Cleveland Rape Crisis Center. Police station staff will call the Center to request your Support Specialist.

Cleveland Rape Crisis Center Crisis Intervention Specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to support survivors and their families and friends while making a police report Northeast Ohio, including Cuyahoga County, Lake County, Geauga County and Ashtabula County.

Can I go to any police station to file a police report?

If you have been raped or sexually abused in the City of Cleveland, you can visit any of the City’s police stations to file a police report.  If you have been raped or sexually abused in another city, you can file a report at the police station in the city where it occurred.  If you don’t know what city, you can contact the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department.

Learn More

Call (216) 619-6192 or chat online.