Youth 360: Youth Advisory & Leadership Alliance
Are you a young leader (grades 8-12) living in Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga or Ashtabula County? Do you want to become an advocate and activist for change in our community?
Applications are now being accepted for the 2022-2023 Youth 360 Cohort!
Application deadline: Friday, September 16, 2022.
Learn About Youth 360:
- What is Youth 360?
- If I start serving as a Youth 360 Ambassador, what would I do?
- OK, I want to apply, but who gets selected?
- If I were selected, when and where would I need to be?
- What if I (or my parent/caregiver/teacher) have more questions?
What is Youth 360?
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s (CRCC) Youth Advisory & Leadership Alliance, or Youth 360 for short, is a group where young leaders gain skills to become change agents and activists in their community.
Youth 360 Ambassadors will get the chance to learn about sexual violence prevention education and other related topics such as cultural humility, gender identity, and media literacy. Participants will build skills such as program design, community activism, team building, peer communication and leadership!
In addition to leadership development and character building, Ambassadors (grades 8-12) will help guide insight toward youth initiatives and educational content as well as recruitment and training objectives for future youth ambassadors within CRCC’s 4-county service region.
Ambassadors will receive a $25 stipend for their participation in each of the sessions.
If I start serving as a Youth 360 Ambassador, what would I do?
- Attending mandatory Youth 360 sessions, which will be held one (1) Saturday per month (as determined) from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Sessions will be offered in-person. However, with the evolving standards surrounding Covid-19, sessions may transition to a virtual format. For optimal participation, it is recommended that participants have the appropriate technology (laptop, personal computer or tablet that is equipped with speakers and microphone, a webcam and an internet connection) to engage virtually.
- Creating a uniquely designed project with help from group leaders aimed to reach members of a given community (school, place of worship, online community, etc.) about the issues of sexual violence, dating violence, sexism, etc.
- Providing guidance and feedback to drive youth programming efforts
- Participating in service learning project opportunities
OK, I want to apply, but who gets selected?
Unfortunately, we cannot choose everyone who applies. We will interview and select students who:
- Are in grades 8-12
- Have a passion to promote positive social change
- Will commit to 80% (or better) attendance for all program sessions
- Live in Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga or Ashtabula Counties
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. If selected for an interview, students and families will be notified by email and scheduled for an interview between September 19-23.
Students will be notified if they are selected as participants for the 2022-2023 Youth 360 cohort by September 30.
If I were selected, when and where would I need to be?
The required sessions will be hosted from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the Saturdays outlined below. Sessions will be in-person unless otherwise noted. It is encouraged that participants attend all sessions.
- October 15, 2022
- November 19, 2022
- December 10, 2022
- January 14, 2023
- February 18, 2023
- March 18, 2023
- April 15, 2023
- May 20, 2023
Youth 360 sessions will be hosted at various community sites throughout Cuyahoga County unless otherwise noted. Prior to each session, participants and families will be notified of the meeting location or if the meeting will take place virtually.
Breakfast and lunch refreshments will be provided for each in-person session.
Additionally, project sessions, focus groups, and/or group outings may be added to the calendar. In such cases, participants and families will be notified in advance, and attendance is optional.
What if I (or my parent/caregiver/teacher) have more questions?
Want to learn more about Youth 360, Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s Youth Advisory & Leadership Alliance? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Prospective Y-360 Ambassadors will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, disability, handicap, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any condition prescribed by state or local law.