Kathie Brandt Appointed as Cleveland Rape Crisis Center Board Chair
February 11, 2021
Cleveland, OH – February 11, 2021 – Cleveland Rape Crisis Center is proud to announce its 2021 Board of Directors, led by Kathie Brandt, Partner at Thompson Hine LLP. The Board of Directors provides ongoing support, wisdom and governance to ensure that Cleveland Rape Crisis Center continues to be a vital community asset.
“We are so thankful to this amazing group of professionals for dedicating their time and talent to Cleveland Rape Crisis Center,” said Sondra Miller, President and CEO of Cleveland Rape Crisis Center. “Kathie has been a driving force in helping advance our mission of supporting survivors of rape and sexual abuse, promoting healing and prevention, and advocating for social change.”
Brandt has been a member of Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s Board of Directors for four years and has sung in the biannual Sing Out! chorale three times. She and the other executive board members assumed their positions on January 1, 2021.
“I am looking forward to taking on this leadership role as Board Chair at Cleveland Rape Crisis Center,” said Brandt. “Its work to support survivors is more crucial than ever to creating stronger, healthier communities, and I am honored to work alongside Sondra and the rest of the CRCC team.”
Here is the full list of the 2021 Executive Committee board members:
- Kathie Brandt, Chair and Partner at Thompson Hine LLP
- Jeff Patterson, Vice Chair and Chief Executive Officer at Cleveland Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Ken Couls, Treasurer and Partner at PwC
- Jeff Weaver, Secretary and Executive Vice President, Head of Qualitative Risk Assessment at KeyCorp
- Jennifer Collister, Vice President of Human Resources at Medical Mutual
- Julie Harris, Chief Litigation Counsel at Lubrizol
- Douglas McWilliams, Partner at Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP
- Sheila Wright, Executive Vice President at The Good Community Foundation
# # #
About Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
The mission of Cleveland Rape Crisis Center is to support survivors of rape and sexual abuse, promote healing and prevention, and advocate for social change. In 2020, the Center provided counseling, advocacy and crisis intervention services to 10,000 rape and sexual abuse survivors and reached thousands more through its prevention, education and training programs in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga and Lake counties. For more information, visit clevelandrapecrisis.org or call 216-619-6194. The Center’s 24-hour Crisis & Support Hotline is 216-619-6192 (call/text) or clevelandrapecrisis.org/chat.