5 Ways to Raise Awareness About Human Trafficking
December 19, 2023
January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month
This January, you can show your support for survivors and help Cleveland Rape Crisis Center spread awareness about the issue of human trafficking.
Start with these five action steps:
1. Wear Blue on January 11. By wearing blue on Human Trafficking Awareness Day, you can help start conversations about the reality of human trafficking in our community. Post a selfie online along with something you’ve learned about sex trafficking and labor trafficking.
2. Donate much-needed supplies for the Drop-in Center. Purchase from our Amazon Wishlist to help us keep up with the need for basic care items for Human Trafficking Drop-in Center visitors.
3. Be informed. Take some time to learn about human trafficking and sex trafficking in our community. Read 10 Things to Know about Sex Trafficking (En Español: 10 cosas que hay que saber sobre el tráfico sexual) and follow Cleveland Rape Crisis Center Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more.
4. Spread the word about life-saving services. Did you know Cleveland Rape Crisis Center offers a 24-hour hotline (855-431-7827) for survivors of human trafficking and others in the community seeking information and support? Post the link to our services or the Drop-in Center to social media to help survivors know they are not alone.
5. Support survivors of human trafficking by making a donation online today.
Click here to learn more, or call (855) 431-7827.
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center provides specialized advocacy, counseling, case management, professional training, and a 24-hour hotline to survivors of human trafficking in Northeast Ohio.