5 Things You Can Do for Human Trafficking Awareness Month
January 7, 2021
January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month
This January, you can show your support for survivors and help Cleveland Rape Crisis Center spread awareness about the issue of human trafficking.
Start with these five action steps:
1. Wear Blue on January 11. By wearing blue on Human Trafficking Awareness Day, you can show your support for survivors and start conversations about the reality of human trafficking in our community. Post your selfie on social media and share the STAR Hotline (855-431-7827) in your caption.
2. Be informed. Take some time to learn about human trafficking and sex trafficking in our community. Start by reading Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s 10 Things to Know about Sex Trafficking (En Español: 10 cosas que hay que saber sobre el tráfico sexual) and tune in to upcoming virtual events:
- January 11: Supporting Survivors of Human Trafficking
- January 12: Human Trafficking 101 with Burton Public Library
- January 22: Housing & Recovery Resources with Jordan Community Resource Center
- January 27: Legal Support for Survivors with Equality Ohio
3. Learn the STAR hotline. Did you know Cleveland Rape Crisis Center offers the STAR (Sex Trafficking Advocacy & Recovery) Hotline for survivors of human trafficking and others in the community seeking information and support? Reach the 24-Hour Hotline by calling 855-431-STAR (7827).
4. Add our Human Trafficking Awareness frame to your profile picture on Facebook. Show your support and help spread awareness during the month of January.
Click here to learn more, or call the STAR Hotline at 855-431-STAR (7827).
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center provides specialized advocacy, counseling, case management, professional training, and a 24-hour hotline to survivors of human trafficking in Northeast Ohio.