Let’s Talk: SAAM 2023 Toolkit
March 8, 2023
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s theme for SAAM 2023 is Let’s Talk.
This April, Let’s Talk about supporting survivors of rape, sexual abuse, and human trafficking. Let’s Talk about promoting healing and prevention. Let’s Talk about advocating for social change and the elimination of sexual violence.
8 Ways to Get Involved this April
You can make a difference during Sexual Assault Awareness Month! Here are eight ways you can help raise awareness:
- Wear Teal on April 4 and post a photo on social media.
- Does your office or company have a newsletter? Share information about SAAM in your April email.
- Spread awareness on social media with these sample messages.
- Participate in an Ambassador Training or one of many SAAM events.
- Print and hang a SAAM 2023 poster in your classroom or office.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an education program for your school, place of worship, or organization.
- Learn about Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s services so you can share with a survivor in your life.
- Donate online or start a Facebook Fundraiser to support survivors in our community.
Additional SAAM Resources to Share
Read, print, and share the following resources with your students, colleagues and friends.
- Coloring pages (English and Spanish)
- How to Support a Survivor (printable tip sheet here)
- How to Support a Survivor (ASL Vlog)
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center SAAM Toolkit
- Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence SAAM Toolkit
Need to talk? We’re here to listen. Text or call (216) 619-6192 or (440) 423-2020 or chat on our website.