Human Trafficking Awareness Month Activities
This month, staff members from across the organization have participated in many activities to raise awareness about human trafficking in our community, and to train professionals in their response to victims.
Here are some highlights of some of the HTAM activities in January:
- Chief Advocacy Officer Teresa Stafford participated in an interview about human trafficking on WKYC Ch. 3, in partnership with the Collaborative to End Human Trafficking. Watch Video
- Keyna Smith, Director of Anti Human Trafficking, spoke as part of several panel discussions in the community:
- Ohio Attorney General’s human trafficking summit in Columbus
- Wayne County Anti-Human Trafficking Coalition (WATCH) in Wooster
- Sondra Miller, President & CEO, spoke at the Women’s March on January 18
- Katherine Bernola, Project STAR Victim Specialist, spoke at an RTA human trafficking awareness event at the Stokes-Windermere rapid station on January 29
- Facebook Live videos in English and Spanish raising awareness about human trafficking: Keyna Smith, Katherine Bernola, Olga Rosado, Ruth Nieves, and Victoria Malecki.
- And many other events reaching medical professionals, law enforcement professionals, students, churches, and all members of the community.
Thank you to everyone who has worked hard this month raising awareness about human trafficking, so that more people in our community are more aware, and so that more survivors can access services.